Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And We're Back


Masters week has come and gone. It was super fun and super exhausting. Brooke once again opened her home to my stuff (and me too!!). :) I've got a lot of junk. It was fun to have a roommate, particularly one as great as B. I am back in my house now and may live here forever due to the fact that moving is a HUGE PAIN. The guy who stayed in my little cottage left a note thanking me for use of my 'bedsitter' (I'm guessing that's Australian for bedroom...) and complimenting my city as a 'lovely part of the world.' What a charming mate! I keep meaning to email him so I can a.) have a pen pal across the world and b.) ask him if I can use his bedsitter for a week this summer. He owes me that, right?


One of the highlights of the first full week of April was riding to the tournament with a mem-buh and getting to drive down Magnolia Lane. Charlsie and I thought we were real cool peering out at the magnolias from the back-back of the SUV. We also had a sick parking spot. That particular day, CKP and I did lots of walking and fancied ourselves quite the patrons. We happened upon several wayward balls and got to hover over Mark O'Meara, Stephen Ames and a couple others as they attempted to maneuver the pines. Oooh, oooh -- we also saw the hole-in-one on the 16th. We had just sat on the hill with our egg salad and pimento cheese when the ball went in. We (along with the rest of the hill) were SO excited. Truly. Not so much for Ian Poulter, but for ourselves we decided, because for the rest of the day we could say, "We saw the hole-in-one on 16." Wednesday at Par 3, I decided Nick Watney would be my husband. I haven't told him yet. But I'm hoping he'll be happy.



Throughout the week, we met some cool new people, went to/had some fun parties and cook-outs and enjoyed our fair city. Brooke, Stephen, and I were "spotted" again. I interviewed Darius Rucker of Hootie & the Blowfish. He's a nice guy, but I couldn't stop looking... at the boogie hanging out of his nose. Is that terrible?! It was distracting! I did my liveshots for the concert on top of our livetruck, which was a big feat for a girl afraid of heights. My legs were jello for the 5:00 hit, but I found my sea legs for 6.

The week after Masters was really weird, and I didn't realize until the other day that it was the post-Masters funk. It happens every year. There's a major let-down when everybody hightails it out of town and no one thinks your city is the coolest in the world anymore. I'm over it now.

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Beth Goff said...

WOW... sounds like you have been busy!!! Why did you move out of your house?? I love the picture. It's fun to see you in action!! TJ and I always compare you to the girls on ESPN and say we would rather be watching you than them!! Maybe I'll call ESPN and get them to call you! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures on this post! Although, just seeing you stand on the van makes me nervous you might fall.

You might want to give that guy a heads up that you are planning to be his wife... you know, so he can buy the ring and everything!

Please come to Macon soon. You'll have a new cousin in less than 2 weeks AND it could be potentially on your way to Alabama to visit your cutie pie nephew!

Think about it and let me know! Ha!