Leaving church Sunday, I spot a cop (they direct traffic) in the parking lot. So I do the whole, "Do you want to pull in front of me cuz you can" thing. He doesn't, so I go on. He turns right behind me (he's in the left lane, I'm in the right) and I drive toward the stop sign. Now, mind you, I should have come to a complete S-T-O-P because law enforcement is behind me. But since I was leaving church... I just kinda tapped my brakes, saw nothing coming and turned. Yeah. Cue blue lights.
I immediately start laughing, thinking this can't be happening. Also thinking I'm 98% sure I know the cop behind me. We are driving in front of the big, beautiful church, and I have no idea where to pull over. We are on a busy road, so I don't want to just stop in the lane, but I also DO NOT want to pull back in the church a little ways down. It quickly became my only option.
So I have to turn back in my church as big church is letting out, (I went to rock-n-roll church)and there are people exiting everywhere. Now mind you, my driver's side window doesn't work. But God was watching out for me, and it rolled on down as the cop approached. It is EXACTLY who I think it is. He says, "How bout stoppin' at that stop sign ma'me?" He's laughing, so I know I'm safe. And he totally knew it was me (and has been telling me for 3 years he's going to "get me") and thought it would be funny to pull me over. Yeah, if 800 people weren't driving by, wondering who the criminal was in their parking lot. Alas, no ticket, no problem!
Oh and PS... I'm pretty sure the disturbance on the porch involved the neighbor's cats. I've run into them a couple times late-night recently; they must have gotten kicked out of the house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH that is so funny! I was laughing out loud when I read that the cop knew you and shared the story with mom... she says hello!
TJ just told me he commented on the cats story. He is a nut!
Somehow I stumbled across your blog and I was pleasantly surprised! I miss you!
I am SO glad you have a blog...I am cracking up at your Ihiowa story. Tell your fam I said hello! I miss ol' Juanita and Sonny!
Hey Paige!! I foundyou on Stephanie's blog!! Your story about Ihiowa made me laugh out loud!
Post a Comment