It's hard to tell this story without me being able to imitate this woman's voice for you. It was truly heinous. I talked to the rudest, most full-of-herself woman this morning! I was working on a story about this nationwide meat recall (she quickly schooled me that it was NOT a recall, got it?) and my first phone call was to this county cafeteria lady. And I use the term lady lightly.
Basically all I needed to know was whether this particular county was affected by it. I told her who I was and started asking her questions; apparently I was not asking the questions the way she liked. She said, laughing, "You really need to know more information about this." Lady, that's why I'm calling you!! Then she cackles, (really, her laugh was gross) "My daughter was a reporter." Remember the bratty girl on Pound Puppies?? "Ew, icky-poo puppies" girl? That is exactly how cafeteria lady sounded. As if her daughter being a reporter once made her an expert!
I am steaming at this point. She finally tells me, that no, this particular county is not affected. She knew from the beginning that's what I was looking for and was totally messing with me. She says that it's important that I stress this was not a contamination, just a violation blah blah blah. So I say, "Okay," in the most sarcastic, Pound Puppies girl voice I can muster. Seriously. She cackles again, "You sound like you don't believe me." More cackling.
Me: Oh, I belive you. I just don't like you.
One of my favorite co-workers is hearing this whole conversation go down. When I hang up and we stop laughing, we decide to mess with Ms. Pound Puppies. He calls her back, tells her he's a reporter from somewhere else and starts asking her about the RECALL all over again. He schooled her a little bit, and she totally deserved the aggravation. Honestly, cafeteria lady, it's a mean enough world already.
PT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we deal with really dumb people...why do we put up with it?!?!?! funny story!
Post a Comment