Thursday, January 31, 2008

President of My Fan Club

Sometimes random people say hi to me in public, usually it's along the lines of, 'Hey, you're that news lady." Sometimes they get my name right, sometimes the channel...but that's rare. We are pseudo-celebs. A blip in people's sub-conscious. HA!

The other night I had my most humbling "fan" moment yet. While waiting for a table at dinner, my friend and I walked to the bar to get a glass of wine. As I passed this older man's table he said (in a very country accent!), 'I know you. You're on TV!" So I said hello, talked to him for a minute and moved on.

Over the next half hour, he approached us several times, first saying, (again, remember his thick accent) 'The TV just don't do you justice, girl!" then asking about jobs for someone in his family, etc. He was cracking us up because he had the goofiest grin on his face. My fan ended up buying us a glass of wine, and then when he got up to leave, he dropped off what he called a "love note." Goofy grin still on face.

After I see him walk out the door, I unfold the napkin to read the "love note" from my biggest fan. It said: Dear... PAM!!! Pam. Some fan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how i am laughing...at least Pam was impressive enough to get us that free drink!

b

Rebecca V said...

I just found your blog and I love reading your stories. It's so great that you are on the news and get to share your smiling face with everyone. If you are ever in Athens, let me know because I would love to see you. Maybe in football season?