
Last night some sort of animals got into a fight on my porch. It scared me. To death. The tv volume was low and I was sitting on my sofa when I heard a violent "MEYAHWAYhey." It was a terrible sound...followed by some running. One of the animals ran into one of my little rocking chairs. This morning it was in the middle of the porch. What could it have been?? I mean, the neighbors have 3 (count 'em) cats, but I think they're inside sleepers, and the fight seemed more wild-ish than housecats.
All I know is I completely froze. I often think about what I would do if someone was trying to get in my house. I've covered enough home invasions to entertain these kinds of thoughts. Once when I was startled in my sleep, I was fully ready to jump out my window, rationalizing in my delirious state how I would break my fall after busting the glass with my sweet little garden chair (and putting on my running shoes for extra "bounce"). But last night, my body went totally numb, and I would not have been able to move to the window to jump if need be. Because right before the cat fight there was a lot of commotion...like a person was on the porch trying to get in my door. Freezing is not an option.
Believe it or not, I slept well after my brush with the wild. Go figure.
3 comments:
OH MY! I would have been scared too! I am glad it was not anything really major. I love your cute chairs and table!!
The picture of Pearson and your dad on Laura's blog is SO CUTE! I think they look a lot alike! I know he is an amazing grandfather!
This is TJ. I just stumbled onto this page that Beth had left up. Are you sure it was a fight. Its springtime! I've had a couple of cats "fight" (I guess that's what you kids are calling it these days) outside of my window when I was growing up and it wasn't too much after that my neighbors were giving away kittens. I'm just saying.
Good point, TJ! I'll keep my eye out for kittens...and ship you one in Cali!!
Post a Comment