Everyday I check my work voicemail, expecting to hear from Mailbox Lady. About a month ago now, I smashed her mailbox to the ground. I was driving the big, blue LIVE truck so my photographer could shoot moving video in a neighborhood. He was already hating on me about my driving -- Slow down!, Don’t hit a mailbox!, etc. The latter was barely out of his mouth when, WHAM! The side doors of the LIVE truck were open and I slammed the front one right into the mailbox. We weren't going fast, but the noise was so loud, I was surprised the door didn't come off!
Later that night I hosted a Teacher of the Year banquet and the story came in handy during my greeting. Seems people laugh at bad driver stories. I've got plenty as I've had 10+ run-ins... not all wrecks, mind you, just moving "events."
Needless to say, the homeowner was very kind when I knocked on her door, gave her my business card and told her "we" would take care of repair. She promised to call but hasn't so far... Maybe she's afraid I'll get in trouble if she calls to collect. We shall see.
Later that night I hosted a Teacher of the Year banquet and the story came in handy during my greeting. Seems people laugh at bad driver stories. I've got plenty as I've had 10+ run-ins... not all wrecks, mind you, just moving "events."
Needless to say, the homeowner was very kind when I knocked on her door, gave her my business card and told her "we" would take care of repair. She promised to call but hasn't so far... Maybe she's afraid I'll get in trouble if she calls to collect. We shall see.
3 comments:
10+ run-ins is probably a conservative estimate!!!!!
Love ya!
Dad
Have you driven by the house to see if they have put the mailbox back up? Glad you blogged, friend!
I love how you called them moving "events"... So funny!! Also love your dad's comment! :)
Miss you so much!!
Post a Comment