Thursday, November 13, 2008

How Happy Am I?!


Christmas music is playing on the radio!!! WAHOO! I am one of those people who loooves Christmas music...the earlier it starts, the better. One year in college, Peach 94.9 (whatever it's called now, I don't know) started playing the tunes on Halloween. My mom and I share this love of all things jingle bell rock -- we've been known to pop in Christmas cds (and tapes!) in the summer!

I am all about celebrating and enjoying Thanksgiving and not skipping over it to Christmas, but Christmas songs are good for my soul and just put me in "the spirit" of happiness, even during the season of thanks. As soon as the Christian station starts their tunes, I will go back and forth between the two stations and have 24-7 tunes for the next 6 weeks. Yes, I am slightly obsessed. Hard to believe Christmas is 6 weeks from today, huh?

On the way to meet Brooke for lunch, I heard Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. Then, I heard it an hour later when we were leaving lunch. I think that is people's biggest complaint about 24-7 Christmas is the repeats. I feel their pain (sort of), but don't think I didn't enjoy rockin' around that tree the second time as much as the first.

Tis the season!

2 comments:

Abe said...

Paige, I love Christmas music too, but any Christmas music before Thanksgiving is way too early. Christmas music should start the day after Thanksgiving.

Connor Family Blog said...

I love it all year long! Especially Amy Grant!! :) I've been listening to the Christmas music station....like 104.3 or something...for the past week. Love it!!!