Today I went up in an AirMed helicopter for a story. I wanted to chicken out, even though I've been on a helicopter before. I just didn't feel good about it. But that's pretty much how I feel before I fly on anything. I don't really want to do it, and I always have a flash of what/how I would feel if I knew I was about to crash. Then, I suck it up (say a prayer!) and board.
The flight was AWESOME! I love flying when I'm actually in the air. We flew to the dam and back and landed on MCG's roof. We flew over the Augusta National (there were people playing!), and I picked out my house from the sky. It was so cool, and I'm glad I didn't let my fear stop me from doing something fun. It's kind of like parasailing. I went on the boat a MILLION times but would never go up. When I finally did it, I loved it and realized how much I'd been missing. I can't help it...I'm a scaredy-cat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment