I've come to the realization I have a terrible short-term memory. I forget things fast...movies, books, funny stories, jokes, conversations. This morning in church, my preacher made a great point, and I purposely repeated it to myself three times to try to commit it to memory. Yeah, I forgot it. My long-term recall is better; my friend, Frank, calls that phenomenon the "Tucker memory." My mom's memory is legendary. I've learned to tell her things, because then when the facts get foggy on my end, she can fill in the blanks! Now this blog will help me keep track of memorable things, record my life and highlight the interesting (and there are many!!) people I come in contact with everyday...hence the whole let your freak flag fly thing.
AND blogs are fun. My favorites list is almost all blogs. I've been a faithful reader of my friend Charlsie's blog for a good four years. She's a great writer, and I look forward to her posts. We talk and laugh about them over chips and salsa. Then there's Beth, clear across the country in California, but thanks to her frequent posts, I feel like I know her sweet children. I read Kristin Armstrong's (Lance's ex) blog about her daily runs, my sweet friend Mary Beth's who's about to have twins and my cousin Megan who recently moved away. I've reconnected with old high school friends and -- my real "favorite" -- now get updates on my yummy nephew Pearson.
There's also a few random blogs I've stumbled upon...usually friends of friends who you don't really know, but find they sometimes have interesting things to say. I found one today of a friend of a friend who's living in NYC having some of the same thoughts and experiences I had living there two summers in college... like her affinity for restaurants in the city that give you free refills...few and far between!! It's the little things.
You get the point, I like blogs. And I stink at journaling. Plus, my entries will be helpful for my book one day. ;)
PT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment