Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends... John Lennon

In the last month or so, I've had two wonderful weekends with my girls. The kind of weekends that take you back to college...where you get ready together, do dinner, go out, eat lunch, lay out at the pool, eat lunch, get pedicures, and REPEAT.

The first weekend was in Atlanta in June and was based around seeing the movie Sex & the City. The power of friendship, love, and forgiveness were central themes of the movie and couldn't have been more true-to-life. It brought back lots of memories from Sunday nights in Athens, making dinner and watching the show with the girls.

Then, two weeks ago, everyone came to our neck of the woods for sweet Mollie's wedding. It was supa-fun. We painted the town rouge Friday night then danced the night away to Liquid Pleasure Saturday night. Saying good-bye after lunch on Sunday was such a let-down! Oh, how I wish all my peeps lived on the same street of some fabulous city!

It was such a treat to have that much together time with friends I don't get to see nearly enough. The quality time spoiled us all and made us sad to part ways. I am so thankful for dear friends. Some people can count their best friends on one hand -- I need more than ten fingers to count my dear, best friends. Truly.

Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of sweet friends!

w/ Ash and Suz @ JCT Kitchen

w/ Terri, Adrienne, Suz, Ash, and Mary Ann
w/ Ad, Brooke, and Laura Frances
w/ Terri, LF, Adrienne, and Mary Ann ~ the dude behind us was wearing a mullet wig, until I took it off

w/ the beautiful bride

w/ LF and Brooke. Do I look like a jr. bridesmaid??

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?" Ecclesiastes 4:9-11

3 comments:

WinnFamily said...

I loved seeing pictures of you and Terri, I miss you girls so much!

Erin said...

P!! I am so excited that you have a blog!! I just discovered it today and I LOVE it! Yay!! Miss you girl! Love ya, Erin

Beth Goff said...

I miss your blog posts! :)