Monday, July 7, 2008

It's Official...

I have a black thumb! My co-worker Kim and I got these plants on the same day. A guy (we think the dude we met at dinner the night before who goofily smiled and stared at us while we at the hamburgers he made us and told us if he had a million dollars he still couldn't afford to be our boyfriend because he rides a bike to work... but that's a whole 'nother blog) dropped them off at the station, along with some strawberries. We didn't eat the strawberries, but we happily let the plants brighten up our neighboring desks.

I've tried to really nurture this plant and its three sweet blooms, because I recently killed the one on the other side of my desk and was forced (peer pressure!) to throw it away. Somebody said this is something that needs to be planted outside, so it really had no chance under the fluorescent lights. Who knows - I'm certainly no botanist. But if that's the case, then why are Kim's blooms still in tact, and mine (on the left, clearly) look like that?!

In other news, my photographer and I were dancing in the truck in the parking lot tonight. To Boyz II Men. Motown Philly, anyone? We were doing some serious car dancing with the doors open and the music blasted. Why? Because we work in news, and we have to do crazy things to maintain our semblance of sanity! I heard Vernon start laughing and I looked over and saw our general manager walking out to his car, laughing and shaking his head. He must think we're nuts and wonder if he was paying us for that performance. He never leaves that late or walks out that door... just my luck! Oh well... Boyz II Men ABC BBD. Out.

**Morning-after Note: I can tell left from right, but apparently not well. My plant is on the right...clearly.

2 comments:

MelanieB said...

I was wondering about that right left thing. Thought yours looked pretty good to be the one not doing well. I figured I must be just that tired.

Beth Goff said...

You crack me up! I kill all my plants too! Oh, and Boyz II Men! I miss them...