Any Chick-fil-A regular worth their waffle fries knows the company's tagline. That's right - my pleasure. My pleasure this, my pleasure that. It's entertaining to see how many times you can get a worker to say it during one transaction. Try it sometime. Say thank you when they give you your change - my pleasure. Say thanks for your food, ask for extra napkins and extra sauce in different breaths and that's at least three more my pleasures.Today I got a misplaced my pleasure. I was wearing a cream-colored skirt that I had JUST picked up from the dry cleaners. It had to go through TWO rounds of stain-fighting. It's the skirt that every time I wear it, someone seems to spill something on me. Once, I had a photographer spill a full cup of coffee on me. Every time I get it cleaned, they have to mark eight to ten stains, which leads me to believe that I'm rough on all my clothes, the abuse is just more evident on this particular skirt.
So I'm getting a refill at Chick-fil-A and the same nervous girl who took my order (had to be her second day) got me some more tea after filling my cup with ice. (Insert my pleasure here.) As she's handing my cup back to me, she knocks it on the cash register and half the glass of tea flies out of the glass and onto my skirt. It was a dramatic moment, because my skirt and I jumped back and I let out a yelp! to avoid the liquid.
Does she say sorry? Oh no. She says... MY PLEASURE!!!! Really?? I think they're may be some brainwashing going on within cfa. I'm not so sure I'm happy she took "pleasure" in staining my skirt. And I didn't even get a free sandwich coupon.
1 comment:
That's funny it's making me laugh while I'm on hold.
Post a Comment