Some kids spend their entire lives seeking their parent's approval and trying to do them proud. I am fortunate to have a mom and dad who have supported me and encouraged me from the beginning. My dad has never missed an opportunity to tell me he's proud of me or my brothers. That is a blessing.
People often ask me why I decided to get into news or when I knew it's what I wanted to do. I don't have that one aha! moment, but I know that my dad influenced me in many ways. We used to hate it when he would come home, climb in his chair and read the paper, but in high school, I learned to appreciate a newspaper. Still do and love to read the paper with my parents on Sundays. When I was young, my dad would sometimes pick me up from gymnastics or ballet, and we would ride home, holding hands, and I think me yacking all the way home. I remember when the news alert would ding on the radio, that was my shhh! time. Those 2-minute newsbreaks weren't easy for this little chatterbox but were probably the only quiet moments of Dad's drive.
Thank you, Dad, for always believing in me and for teaching me that I can do anything I set my mind to. I, too, believe in you.
XOXO
People often ask me why I decided to get into news or when I knew it's what I wanted to do. I don't have that one aha! moment, but I know that my dad influenced me in many ways. We used to hate it when he would come home, climb in his chair and read the paper, but in high school, I learned to appreciate a newspaper. Still do and love to read the paper with my parents on Sundays. When I was young, my dad would sometimes pick me up from gymnastics or ballet, and we would ride home, holding hands, and I think me yacking all the way home. I remember when the news alert would ding on the radio, that was my shhh! time. Those 2-minute newsbreaks weren't easy for this little chatterbox but were probably the only quiet moments of Dad's drive.
Thank you, Dad, for always believing in me and for teaching me that I can do anything I set my mind to. I, too, believe in you.
XOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment