running in the middle of the road toward us. Truly. We were going to the vet for an unrelated story, believe it or not, but this little guy put that on the back burner. For the next hour or so, about six people chased the pony up and down the road. The poor pony was terribly spooked and having none of it.The chasers (including some who hadn't run in a while, if you know what I mean -- I'm just sayin...) were in a golfcart, then they'd get out and run, back in the golfcart, and nothing was working. What cracked me up the most was the girl who kept waving her arms wildly at the pony when she'd get close to it. Like the pony was going to suddenly stop and think, "Oh, she must be trying to get my attention. Here I come!!" I was dying.
One of the "volunteers" finally got a rope on the horse and was walking it back across the street to its home when it nearly dragged her down before breaking free. The pony was very close to our car at that time and bolted toward my door. I nearly jumped into the driver's seat -- it looked like it was coming to get in the jeep with us!
What a day -- only in these parts, kids, only in these parts.
2 comments:
Hilarious, Paige! I am still laughing about the girl waving her arms. I have to ask... what road was this?
belair road -- not too far from I-20 and not that isolated actually!!
Post a Comment